Saturday 22 June 2013

Watercolour painting for a friend.

Today I have been adding the next plant to the watercolour painting requested by a friend. He has chosen three of his favourite plants and I have completed the drawing of the Geum Rivale ready for painting. The Fritillary had been completed and it is always nerve racking when you are adding other plants to the composition. The Fritillary painted nicely and I don't want to make any mistakes with the next two plants. The third choice of plant is the Ragged Robin. I will add this to the right side and it will take the full height of the painting as it is the tallest plant of the three.
I had to enhance the photo to show the drawing.

The Geum Rivale is drawn to the right and behind the Fritillary.

The Ragged Robin will be added to the right of the painting approximately where the pencil is lying and take up the full height of the paper. Fingers crossed all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment