Monday 3 June 2013

Wall hanging project

Hi, I have been hard at work on my design for the wall hanging I will be making as part of my City & Guilds course. The design is nearly ready to submit to my tutor to receive approval before I go ahead and make it. I want to use shades of purple and lemon as they are complimentary colours and should look great together. The wall hanging will be 19.5 " x 30" excluding the the hangers and the wooden pole. I will use ribbon through the pole as the means of hanging the emboidery.

The top section will have two rows of a gorgeous silver sequined ribbon. There will then be a section of suffolk puffs in a variety of purple and lemon cotton fabrics. The different sections will be stitched onto a darker purple fabric which in turn will be quilted and the same fabric used as backing. The next section will have appliqued teardrops attached which will have bead and crystal button decoration.
 
This will be followed by five rows of triangles each worked with a different design. I have used patchwork for two rows and tucks for two rows. I have also made a mitre fold for one row. The colours will be varied. Each row will have nine triangles. The final part of the hanging consists of nine handquilted free hanging teardrops. This I hope will make the bottom of the wall hanging more interesting. This will be lots of work but I hope it will look great. I have first to make the embroidery panel for the course, the design of which has been approved by my tutor. Keeping busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment