Saturday 15 June 2013

Painting. The Dove Cote.

I have been painting, over the last couple of days,  my friends garden. I had drawn the sketch for this painting two years ago but had never got round to painting it. I had taken lots of photographs, so I thought it was about time I completed the painting. I find this type of painting difficult because I have concentrated on botanical painting for a long time and find it difficult to paint more freely. The drawing was already finished on rough paper. I am reasonably pleased with the results but, after the workshop with Judi Whitton, a  lighter feel may have been achieved if I had used smooth paper. I shall leave the painting for a few days in a prominent position to see if anything else needs to be done. I have already noticed that I need to increase the shadows directly under the shrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment