Friday 25 July 2014

Watercolour painting of Gorran Haven Cornwall.

Have been painting and sewing this week. I have finished the watercolour of Gorran Haven Cornwall and am now painting an Orchid. I had drawn up the plant as part of a short course and thought it needed to be finished. I still have a lot to do but it is painting up well. I had to use masking fluid on this painting as the orchid flowers lay over the leaves and I needed broad strokes to paint the leaves. I don't like using masking fluid as I find it difficult to get smooth edges but this worked well and thankfully did'nt damage the paper when removed. I have also made some 11.5" fashion doll dresses and they look really cute and summery.
Gorran Haven




Photographs of the Orchid painting will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment