Thursday 17 July 2014

Painting and sewing

A lovely week. I finished work for the summer on Tuesday and spent Wednesday cleaning the house.Thank goodness I did it yesterday, its too hot today.I have been making apple pin cushions from a pattern I found on Etsy by Nap Kitten. I am very pleased with the pattern and the apples were straight forward to make, if a little fiddly.



I have been wanting to paint a coastal or harbour scene in watercolour for some time.  I have a lovely photograph from my holiday last year of Gorran Haven in Cornwall. Just the thing. Since it is so warm I thought I would paint today in spite of the fact that the paint might dry very quickly. Actually it was fine. I think it must be humid which does help. I am using Khadi paper which I have not used before. I learnt one thing you cannot use the rubber on this paper as when you apply the paint it acts as blotting paper. I am painting in stages because, at the moment, the sunlight is directly across my painting and is very bright. I am waiting for the sun to move round a bit then I can do some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment