Wednesday 24 June 2015

Peony painting update.

Hi, most of my classes have nearly finished for the summer and I have had a lot of paper work to complete for them. I haven't had a lot of time for the actual painting but I have managed to tackle a couple of the peony leaves.


I am using sennelier paints for this project and I really like them. I know some artists prefer other makes but these paints are very creamy and lovely to apply on the fabriano artistico paper I am using. I wanted to create the effect of light striking the leaves. The leaves are not glossy but do have a slight shine. The under surface of the leaves is a more subdued shade and more blue. My drawing has a lot of backs of leaves for me to tackle but I will complete the top surfaces first. I also have more leaves to draw for the centre flower stem.

No comments:

Post a Comment