Saturday 13 June 2015

Peony Flowers in watercolour.

Hi, Another very busy week. My son is home for university and looking for a job. I had a lot of get together's with friends which was great but I am afraid I have eaten much too much cake. My current projects have been to finish a crocheted fairy light bunting decoration which I began a long time ago. I used the pattern from the craft seller magazine. I have lots of cotton left over to make a second set. I think the bunting is fun and very cheerful.
 I have also started a painting of Peony flowers. These flowers are absolutely beautiful and cry out to be painted. I have purchased several bunches of flowers over the last week to try and get the flowers to open enough for me to paint the last flower. Eventually I managed to get one flower to open for me to paint. It is so frustrating when the flowers won't open. The paint I used was Sennelier helios purple and it a lovely match for the flowers. I love the outer petals and sepals which add a real splash of colour.
I have purchased yet another bunch of flowers to work on the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment