Sunday 17 June 2018

Embroidery pendants.

I have completed three more embroidery pendants to add to my collection. I based these embroideries on places I have visited on holiday. The first piece I stitched was from a photo of a rowing boat on Lake Konigssee in Germany. The lake is a very peaceful calm place and I have tried to portray this in a small embroidery, not easy! I love the aqua colours of the water. Mainly straight stitch was used for all the embroideries. My second choice was a stitched from a photo of a beach in Cornwall with a person walking into the breeze. It was a little difficult stitching such a small person but I think I have achieved an impression of a person. My final design was of Boscastle in Cornwall looking back towards the village from the coast which is such a lovely view. I deiced to outline the houses because they weren't standing out. These pendants and brooches are a joy to sew. More to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment