Monday 27 February 2017

Embroidered Purple Emperor Butterfly.

Hi, My last project has been a beautiful embroidery of the Purple Emperor butterfly, stitched to my own design. The design is stitched on linen using DMC and Anchor threads. The embroidered butterfly has been wired to give the effect of a Victorian butterfly collectors specimen and stands away from the background fabric. The body of the butterfly has been created by felting wool. Small beads add detail to the head. The butterfly measures 3"(7.5 cms) at the widest point of the wings. I have framed the embroidery in a white box frame

 7" x7" (18cms x 18 cms).

3 comments:

  1. Pretty embroidered butterfly ! You are so good at getting your work framed ..I have so many things that need to be framed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have several embroideries that need framing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I have several embroideries that need framing as well.

    ReplyDelete