Friday 20 January 2017

Drawn thread work pyramids

Hi,
I have just finished framing my drawn thread work pyramids. My design is stitched on Cashel 28 count linen dyed using silk fabric paints to create a hot desert feeling background for the drawn thread work pyramids. I used hand dyed pearl threads by Chameleon for the drawn thread work. Beads have been stitched into the pattern on the larger pyramid. I stitched a satin stitch camel to give the pyramids scale.The beading adds a three dimensional effect to the piece.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of when I was once asked if I could repair a bundle of antique altar linen for a local church . It was mostly drawn thread work that had become torn apart , I think maybe from poor handling and careless ironing . Any way I had to re create the missing/torn threads and re-stitch the drawn thread embroidery . It was very interesting working it all out ,also very therapeutic.
    I love the rich colours you have used and that little camel so sweet .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy drawn thread work and loved painting the background fabric. Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete