Thursday 1 May 2014

Embroidery course update

Hi, I have nearly finished module ten of the City & Guilds course. I am waiting for the glue to dry on the fan I have made and then I can finish and photograph it. I have made lace style roses and butterflies, machine stitched on soluble fabric and machine embroidered roses on hand dyed fabric. I wanted to create the effect of a climbing rose. I have hand embroidered the stems using cable chain and stem stitch. I used perle 12 variegated thread and it produced a lovely effect. I combined the machine made roses and butterflies with lace flowers I had dyed pink. I stitched the pink lace flowers to the back to give a soft finish. The leaves were a combination of those cut from hand dyed silk fabrics and those made by machine embroidery. I will show more photos when the fan is completed.



No comments:

Post a Comment