Sunday 12 May 2013

Painting ACEO's

Today I have been painting ACEO's (art cards,editions and originals). I love painting these tiny watercolours. I have painted two garden paintings based around a pond and two small paintings of  a Narcissus. These were paintied from photographs I have taken. I usually paint from the original plant but I felt inspired to paint the flowers.



I am also studying for a City & Guilds level 3 Embroidery certificate. As part of the course I am studying colour theory and have been dying fabric samples. I am using primary colours and cold water dyes. So far I have dyed some fabric samples yellow and am now redying some with blue to see what shade of green I produce. I have found that the synthetic fabrics have not taken up any of the dye. Hope to produce some interesting effects. Next stage is to try the red dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment